Your First Visit
We’re excited to have you join the practice family at Periodontal Associates of Memphis!
Your first visit will take approximately 90 – 120 minutes, and will include the following:
- Review of your medical and dental history
- Comprehensive examination of your teeth, gums, jaw, and the inside of your mouth including your soft palate, throat, and tongue
- Analysis of your bite and smile
- Recommendation of treatment
You can help us by filling out your new patient registration forms in advance. You can download, print, fill out and return these to us via mail, email, fax, or by bringing them with you to your appointment, or by registering as a new patient online.
You will also need to provide the following information:
- Your referral form, if applicable, and any x-rays from your referring dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- A list of medical doctors you are currently seeing, and their phone numbers.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any insurance forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment. (We must verify your insurance to help you obtain your benefits).
- Photo identification.
All of this information can be scanned and sent to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have x-rays from a referring or previous dentist, please bring them to your appointment. If necessary, we will take additional scans in our office. We use digital x-rays to reduce radiation and keep our patients safe.
If you are anxious about your appointment, or your gums are extremely sensitive, we provide nitrous oxide for new patients as well as a numbing mouth rinse to make your initial visit as comfortable and stress free as possible.
Note: Any patient under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to their appointment.
Once your initial appointment is complete, our doctors will create a suggested treatment plan and this will be presented to you. You’ll be able to discuss your financial responsibility, insurance, and potential financing, and evaluate all of your options. Please contact us with any questions.