Tooth Extractions in Memphis TN
OR CALL (901) 300-4162
If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, and it cannot be repaired with a crown or a filling first, your dentist may decide that the best solution is for the tooth to be removed altogether. This is always the last resort, but sometimes it can be the best one. If your tooth cannot be repaired, keeping it is only going to cause more harm than good, which is why an extraction may be recommended instead.
With that being said, continue reading to find out more about tooth extraction, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Why You May Need To Have A Tooth Removed
There are a number of different reasons why you may need to have a tooth removed. Examples include the following:
- Impacted wisdom teeth – This happens when your wisdom teeth have grown in sideways and they impact the teeth alongside them.
- Crowded teeth – This refers to a scenario whereby you simply don’t have enough space in your jaw for all of your teeth!
- An abscess – An abscess is a collection of pus around your teeth and on your gums.
- You have a broken tooth that cannot be repaired.
- Gum disease – Also known as periodontal disease, gum disease can result in a loose tooth.
- Severe tooth decay – If you have severe tooth decay that cannot be resolved, a tooth extraction is likely to be the best solution.