A Periodontist specializes in the gums, soft tissues and other structures supporting the teeth. This is who you will want to speak with to discuss your treatment options. At Periodontal Associates of Memphis, we can help you with your gummy smile by examining your mouth, teeth and gums to determine the extent of the excessive gingival display and any possible causes. Treatment for your gummy smile will depending on the nature of your specific clinical condition. And depending on the nature of your specific condition, treatment could include one or more of the following:
- Same-day laser treatments (in minor cases)
- Surgical lip repositioning
- Orthodontics (braces) to move the teeth into more suitable positions
- Surgical Sculpting of the gingival tissues and bone to create healthier and more attractive looking gum contours
- “Gum Lift” Procedure
- “Crown-Lengthening” procedure
As a result of our treatment, you will see more of your teeth and less of your gums when you smile. You can contact us using our online form if you have any questions. Make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter .