Meet Partners Emeritus
Dr. Miller is a graduate of Davidson College and a Merit Graduate of the Medical College of Virginia School of [...]
PRESTON D. MILLER, JR., DDS
Dr. Miller is a graduate of Davidson College and a Merit Graduate of the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry. He did his specialty training in periodontics at the University of Alabama. He is a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilom, A Fellow of the International College of Dentists, and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists. He currently holds visiting faculty appointments at five dental schools and serves as a clinical professor at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Dr. Miller introduced the concept of periodontal plastic surgery to periodontics. He was first to present the free soft tissue autograft (free gingival graft) as a predictable procedure for obtaining root coverage and introduced a new classification of recession to the literature. He founded the Periodontal Plastic Surgery Study Club.
He has published 28 scientific papers, contributed to 4 textbooks, and has lectured to over 250 dental societies both nationally and internationally. In l989 he was a participant in the World Workshop in Periodontics and served as Secretary of the Section on Mucogingival Surgery at the World Workshop in l996.
In l993 he was named the Outstanding Dental Alumnus of his alma mater, the Medical College of Virginia. In l999 he received the Master Clinician Award from the American Academy of Periodontology. In 2003 he was voted the Tennessee Dentist of the Year. In 2008 he received the Outstanding (Overall) Alumnus of the Medical College of Virginia and the Presidential Award from the Southern Academy of Periodontology.
He has served as President of four major dental organizations including
The Tennessee Society of Periodontists, the Memphis Dental Society, Southern Academy of Periodontology, and the American Academy of Periodontology. He has also served as Vice President of the Tennessee Dental Association. He also served on the American Academy of Periodontology Foundation.
Downloads for Dr. Preston D Miller, Jr.
- Dr. Preston D. Miller Biographical Sketch New
- Dr. Preston D Miller Curriculumn Vitae New
- American Academy of Periodontology Gold Medal Award Speech
- Link to Other Downloads from Periodontal Associates of Memphis
- Dr. Miller’s Website – Cure Your Gum Disease
Miller McEntire Prognosis Information:
Articles Published by Dr. Preston D. Miller, Jr.
- Miller, PD, Allen, EP. The development of periodontal plastic surgery. Periodontol 2000, 11, 7-17, 1996.
- Miller, PD, Craddock, RD. Surgical advances in the coverage of exposed roots. Curr Opin Periodontol, 3, 103-8, 1996.
- Miller, PD. Concept of periodontal plastic surgery. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent, 5 (5), 15-20, 22; quiz 22, 1993.
- Miller, PD. Root coverage grafting for regeneration and aesthetics. Periodontol 2000, 1, 118-27, 1993.
- Miller, PD. Periodontal plastic surgery. Curr Opin Periodontol, 136-43, 1993.
- Miller, PD. The concept of the &quot;Super Clot&quot; in osseous grafting. Compendium, 13 (3), 236-42, 1992.
- Miller, PD. Reconstructive periodontal plastic surgery. J Tenn Dent Assoc, 71 (3), 14-8, 1991.
- Miller, PD. Using periodontal plastic surgery techniques. J Am Dent Assoc, 121 (4), 485-8, 1990.
- Miller, PD. Regenerative and reconstructive periodontal plastic surgery. Mucogingival surgery. Dent Clin North Am, 32 (2), 287-306, 1988.
- Miller, PD. Root coverage with the free gingival graft. Factors associated with incomplete coverage. J Periodontol, 58 (10), 674-81, 1987.
- Miller, PD, McEntire, M, Marlow, N, Gellin, Robert, An Evidenced Based Scoring System To Determine The Periodontal Prognosis On Molars. J Periodontol. 85(2): 214–225.2014.
DR. JAMES R. ROSS, DDS, MS, FACC, FICC
Dr. James R. Ross, DDS, MS, FACC, FICC is a Co-founder of Periodontal Associates of Memphis. He attended Dental School at the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry and received a Master’s Degree in Periodontology from Ohio State University.
He is certified by the American Board of Periodontology and was awarded the Fellowship Award of the Tennessee Dental Association. He is also a member of the Dean’s Society and OKU and has contributed several original articles and chapters in professional text books relating to Periodontology. Dr. Ross was one of the early practitioners of acceptable dental implants and has lectured extensively on the subject.
Dr. and Mrs. Ross have traveled extensively, visiting 102 countries and all seven continents. Retiring in 1999 to his farm, Richglen, Dr. Ross was elected to Leadership Collierville, his hometown. He has written two novels, “The Last Reunion” and “The Snake’s Hand.”